Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Charger Working But Wont Charge Laptop

Pavilion G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My Laptop Sometimes Wont Charge, Turn On Or It Even Wont Show Any Sign That It Is Charging It Happened To Me Twice Already The First Time It Happened Was After Sembreak When I Used My Laptop 20 Hours A Day For 1 Straight Week Then I Tried Doing What The Internet Says ( Remove Charger, Remove Battery, Press Power Button For 30 Seconds, Put All Back In And It Shall Be Working Again ) But It Wont Fix It , After 1 Week Of Not Using It I Plugged It Again, It Worked!! Now Its Not Booting Up Again Or Powering Up This Morning, This Morning I Opened Up My Laptop Charged It And Pressed Power Button It Opened Then Closed I Tried Pressing It Again It Opened Then Closed Until It Wont Turn On Again I Also Tried Changing The Battery With A Bigget One But The Problem Is That The Big Battery Doesnt Have Charge . Help Me Please I Need To Finish My Thesis
3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
45,054 40,720 4,409 11,462
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As soon as you are able to log into Windows, immediately save your work to an external storage device.

If your work is important to you that is what you must do.

Remove the battery and connect the power adapter.

Press the power button.

Does the notebook start and allow you to log into Windows without any issue?

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
Please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

Take a moment of your time, as we volunteers have given you some of ours in trying to help you resolve your issue, to return to your thread to let us know if we helped you or not.
0 Kudos
PhantomEra Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When i press the power button i can hear the fan and laptop starting but after some seconds it stops same with the display its turning off after 3 seconds
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
45,054 40,720 4,409 11,462
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What is the complete product name or product number of your notebook?

Calling it a G4 notebook only identifies it as just within a large group of notebooks in a model range. That is not specific enough.

- see This HP web document if you don't how to locate the model number and\or product number.

If you remove the battery, connect the charger and press the power button, does the notebook power up to a Windows login?

If it does then the power adapter is fine.  If not, then the power adapter has failed, or the charging conector on the notebook has issues or the charging circuit on the system board has failed.

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
Please accept as solution if this is the info you needed.

Take a moment of your time, as we volunteers have given you some of ours in trying to help you resolve your issue, to return to your thread to let us know if we helped you or not.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation