1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Charging Light Blinking Laptop wont Power on

Pavilion DV6 6115tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Guys,

I have HP dv6 pavilion series with Windows 10 (64 bit) for 4 years now. I dont have the Battery so I usually work with directly connecting the Power cable.

It worked fine till now. Today it abruptly Shut down and since then its not booting. The Charging light keeps on Blinking.

I have tried the 40/30 sec trick (holding thepower on button for 30-40 secs for the capacitors to discharge) twice, but in vain. I also cleaned up my cooling fan and checked for all the wiring, its all intact. After re-essembling the laptop, the same problem persists. 

And about the Bios update, I do think I have the latest bios updated, as my laptop is connected with internet, and I usually keep it all Updated. And if someone recommends me to Update the BIOS, well I cannot power on my laptop, so is there any alternative for updating the BIOS?

Earlier it did Abruptly Shutdown twice or thrice over last few days, but used to Power up again. But today it wont work.

Please Help Me guys.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 184 359
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Charging Light Blinking Laptop wont Power on

Hi @TheWarIQ, 

Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community!  Smiley HappyI will do my absolute best to help you resolve the issue you are having getting your HP Pavilion dv6-6115tx Entertainment Notebook PC to turn on. 

Note: please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues.

Considering you do not have a battery in your Notebook, it could be that there is a bad connection between the adapter and the system board or the AC adapter has failed. Do you have a different AC power adapter you could use to verify that the adapter is the problem?

Are there any blinking LED lights?

Have you done a BIOS reset instead?

Do you hear the fan spinning when you press the power button on the Notebook? If not, please follow the steps in The computer does not receive power (no noise or lights) section. 

I would like to provide you with a document called Computer Does Not Start. In this document, you will find the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the questions above. 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to help! Please just re-post with the information required from above. Please let me know the detailed results of the troubleshooting steps provided. 

If this reply resolves your issue, please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button at the bottom of this post. 

To simply say thanks, please click the Thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks for joining in! 

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation