Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Chromebook 14-Ako4owm
Chrome OS

My sisters Chromebook had an error saying that the chrome os was missing so I decided to use the recovery tool. Ironically as soon as I uploaded the os on the recovery usb the laptop posted with no errors. So the next day we are having an issue where the chrome book won’t turn on and the led light won’t even turn on. I’ve tried disconnecting the battery but still no luck 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Marrkk18, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I'd suggest you follow the steps from the document HP Chromebook PCs - Chromebook Does Not Power On or Charge Battery to isolate and resolve the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

no luck still :(. It just doesn’t even turn on still and I’m out of warranty 

HP Recommended

@Marrkk18

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer which will be a paid service as the printer is out of warranty or you can also take it to the nearest local service center.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.