Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
14-db0025nr
Chrome OS

Not sure where to start here, my 14-db0025nr Chromebook will not boot and will not charge (no light when plugged in). The charger is working (tested on other devices). Tried holding down multiple combinations of keys (per basic searching) to force some kind of hard reset but nothing is working.

Went to the HP support site on my account and it states:

"Warranty status: Active: Covered under Manufacturer warranty , 2 months remaining"

Clicked get support and received this message:

"This product is no longer serviced by HP. You may search for possible solutions on this support website."

How am I supposed to get support for a product I still have a warranty with?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@br4ndon

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to the operating system.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Do you see any lights on the computer?

There are certain HP Chromebooks for which the warranty support is provided by Google directly and it might be the case with your computer. There is no harm on check with Google once.

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove external devices

If the Chromebook does not start, remove any USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices including external hard drives and other similar devices.

After you have removed all external devices, turn on the Chromebook.

• If the computer starts, reconnect devices one at a time, and restart the Chromebook each time you connect another device to figure out which device is causing the problem. You are done.

• If the unit still does not start or exhibits the same problem, go to the next step to perform a hard reset.

Step 2: Perform a hard reset

A hard or forced reset erases all information in the computer memory. This forces the system to clear and reestablish the software connections between the BIOS and the hardware.

A hard reset does not remove any local files or settings.

1. Press the power button  and refresh  button for five seconds. The computer turns off, and then turns on again.

2. If necessary, press power button again to turn on the laptop.

3. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Also, try the below steps to reach HP's support and check if it works.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for following up. There are no lights at all on the device regardless of being plugged in or not. I've tried the refresh/power reset multiple times now but nothing changed. The Google site has troubleshooting which I followed but said to contact the manufacturer if it didn't resolve the issue. My belief is that the battery is completely dead and will not charge, I don't want to open the device since the battery is embedded and warranty should still cover it.

The support link works, however when entering the serial it states that HP no longer supports this product. I'm very confused as to why this should be covered by warranty but the manufacturer is basically refusing support unless it's from a faq which is useless to me as I cannot even get it to boot.

HP Recommended

@br4ndon

As informed in my previous post, there are certain HP Chromebooks for which the warranty support is provided by Google directly and it might be the case with your computer. 

I recommend you contact Google and check once.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I got with google, I even have a case number and they said it's on the manufacturer and clearly hardware related. I'm now down to 16 days left as this has gone unresolved and have attempted to call HP support which just hung up on me. No clue why, I was professional and received only one initial question asking the issue.

Please help me resolve this.

HP Recommended

@br4ndon

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.