Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook X360
Chrome OS

I posted this in 'OTHER' area as well has here in NOTEBOOK because I do not know if a Chromebook X360 is considered a notebook or not since it's not a PC.  

My wife's Chromebook X360 won't power up.  Here are the symptoms; 

At first, the LED where power is applied did not light up.  I bought a replacement charger.   The LED where the power plugs in now lights up, BUT...  Only with the power USB C type connecter plugged in one way.  Turned over, it won't light up the LED.  Strange.... 
Next, the on/off power switch blinks white slowly.  I let the charger charge over night.  At first the LED where the charger plugs in was orange, then it turned white.  The on/off switch is still blinking slowly.  I tried reboot via the power and reset buttons held down together from anywhere from 1 second to 60 seconds.  I tried this with the power plugged in and removed.  The on/off LED just blinks slowly.  I opened the unit up and disconnected the battery.  The power plug LED started to blink white fast.  The on/off switch LED kept up a slow blink.  I plugged the battery back in, the power plug LED went orange.  Same as when I plugged in the new charger one direction.  The on/off switch LED kept up a slow blink.  I held down the on/off switch and the blinking stopped with the LED off.  The power light is still orange so I'll let that finish up charging.  
At one point, I opened up the machine and checked the battery.  The battery measures 8.0vdc, so I don't really think it's the battery, but may be wrong.  The most puzzling thing, besides it not powering up, is that the charger only works when plugged in one direction and it's a C style USB and not polarized to make a difference.  
Anyone have any further suggestions on what could be the problem or ideas how to get working again?  I do have a replacement battery coming tomorrow from Amazon.  The listing said it was free returns, so if it doesn't work, I can at least get a refund.  

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.