Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Comp Flashes HP logo, black screen, won't start windows! Any help appreciated!

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue except ther is no blinking underscore just a plane black screen after the hp sybol

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,392 2,275
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @halo5702,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that your computer won't boot properly, I'll do my best to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you made any software or hardware changes made on the PC?

Was there any update/reset interrupted recently?

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps performed before posting this on HP forums?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the Notebook

Attempt a Bios Recovery

Run the System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the hard drive and Memory from F2 (Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10) - Click here

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you for taking the time to help me here, iv done all those I'm not sure about the software/reset interruption as for the the others iv ran all the scans exstencive and fast component tests even and the results say "passed". I'm almost positiv my uncle cleard the TPM but I don't know whar to do about it. My uncle passed away recently and I was left this notebook problem is it has an administrator password so I cant reset or do a restore. I really don't want to thow the notebook away I'm at wits end please help
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you for taking the time to help me here, iv done all those I'm not sure about the software/reset interruption as for the the others iv ran all the scans exstencive and fast component tests even and the results say "passed". I'm almost positiv my uncle cleard the TPM but I don't know whar to do about it. My uncle passed away recently and I was left this notebook problem is it has an administrator password so I cant reset or do a restore. I really don't want to thow the notebook away I'm at wits end please help
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation