09-16-2011 06:17 AM
Compaq Presario CQ61-312SA
Windows 7 32 bit
When power is swtiched on, the notebook will fail to start, leaving only a blank screen and 2 lights flashing twice
I have check the error codes and it indicates that the BIOS is corrupt
Is there a way for me to reflash the bios using a bootable pen drive or ms-dos command ?
Or is this going to be a send the machine to HP/Compaq?
The notebook's warranty has also expired
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)