cancel
f4t4pmKbZ Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Compaq Presario CQ60-120ES Problem after Try to Flashing wrong BIOS to Windows 10 O.S.

CQ60-120ES
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, this is my first post at HP and I will try to explain it the best as I know.

All started when I installed Windows 10 Enterprise 64Bits at this notebook, Compaq Presario CQ60-120ES.

As default the video driver was with alert but it was not problem at all because the screen was working with

a basic Window Driver and after try to find online driver to the video device It was installed a very good driver,

but,...

But, after a few weeks I understood that, when I closed the screen and open it again, after the hibernation or

suspend, the screen was always color black, the computer awake always but the screen was black, then I pressed the power on ten seconds to completely power off the notebook and then I could turn on as always.

A good day I decided to fix the issue with closing/open the screen and black screen as result, then I returned to install Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bits. I was very happy surprised when the Windows 7 installation finishes, because

the first that I did it was close and open the screen, and now was working very well. I did not know if the main problem was at the video device driver or in some differences between energy administration of Windows 10 and Windows 7.

Then I follow the first thread, the video driver. I downloaded three video drivers to FV598EA#ABE to the intel graphics solution, one to Windows Vista 32 bit and two to Windows 7, one for 32 and other for 64 bit. Finally I returned to install Windows 10, the unique driver that I was enabled to install of the three before written, it was the Windows 7 64 bit, without internet connection, it was in local mode because I already had downloaded the three video drivers a few moments ago.

But when I closed the screen and open it again the same problem still was happening, the persistent and completely black color screen was there, then I pushed the power button about ten seconds to completely turn off of the system. After I turned on again with the new video driver to Windows 7 64bits, and Windows 10

Enterprise 64 bits I remembered that somebody had said to me that to this notebook he had done an upgrade of the bios to the F65. Then I downloaded the older bios to this system, I found in older versions the F52 and the F63, then I downloaded both and I started to flashing the F52 from Windows 10.

The result was white screen at the middle of the proccess and the system did not respond absolutely nothing

then I unpluged the AC and remove the battery of the laptop.

After that the notebook turned off but now It doesn't load the bios and completely black color screen.

Any ideas to give back to live to it?

Thank you very much, I will wait your answer or answers to give solution to this problem.

9 REPLIES 9
Retired
Retired
3,904 3,735 201 433
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Compaq Presario CQ60-120ES Problem after Try to Flashing wrong BIOS to Windows 10 O.S.

Hi @f4t4pmKbZ,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the sleep mode and a black screen. I will be glad to help you.

I need to confirm information to be able to help you.

Are you on Windows 7 or Windows 10 now.

Did you put the BIOS back to latest version F.65 Rev A?

What version of the NVIDIA drivers are installed? The latest are 8.15.11.8644 Rev A.

There are some computers that are Windows 7 but still can not upgrade to Windows 10 because of hardware issue, did you run the Microsoft hardware check before upgrading?

Please get back to me so I can help you.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
f4t4pmKbZ Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tardis40 wrote:

Hi @f4t4pmKbZ,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the sleep mode and a black screen. I will be glad to help you.

I need to confirm information to be able to help you.

Are you on Windows 7 or Windows 10 now.

Did you put the BIOS back to latest version F.65 Rev A?

What version of the NVIDIA drivers are installed? The latest are 8.15.11.8644 Rev A.

There are some computers that are Windows 7 but still can not upgrade to Windows 10 because of hardware issue, did you run the Microsoft hardware check before upgrading?

Please get back to me so I can help you.

Hello Tardis40,

At first place, thank you very much by your fast answer. You are very kind.

About you need to confirm some things:

I am on Windows 10 at other different computer because Compaq Presario CQ60-120ES can't load any BIOS actually.

To the Compaq Presario CQ60-120ES, the last BIOS that I tried to put but unsucccessfully, it was F.52A (look into older revisions to the BIOS F.65A).

When I was trying to setup the F.52A from CQ60-120ES on Windows 10, the video driver which I had installed it was:

Familia de chipsets Intel(R) Express serie 4 para equipos portátiles 8.15.10.1855 Rev. A.

I did not run the Microsoft hardware check before upgrading.

Have you any idea or ideas to return to load its BIOS in CQ60-120ES?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,904 3,735 201 433
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @f4t4pmKbZ,

Thank you for getting back to me with the information.

Here is a link to download the HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) F.65 Rev.a.

If you copy to a Bootable USB and run it will install the BIOS.

After the BIOS is install restart the computer and run the hardware test.

The intel graphic drivers are the latest, but you may wish to install the NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE Graphics Driver.

Please look at Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
f4t4pmKbZ Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tardis40 wrote:

Hi @f4t4pmKbZ,

Thank you for getting back to me with the information.

Here is a link to download the HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) F.65 Rev.a.

If you copy to a Bootable USB and run it will install the BIOS.

After the BIOS is install restart the computer and run the hardware test.

The intel graphic drivers are the latest, but you may wish to install the NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE Graphics Driver.

Please look at Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Hello Tardis40,

At first place, thank you very much by your fast answer.

Only three bits issues when  I try to solve this problem with the notebook Compaq Presario CQ60-120ES,

with the information given to me:

When I click the hyperlink to download HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) F.65 Rev.a.

I only get as result this message:

hyperlink I get:

(http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/Laptop-Freeze/message-id/HP%20Notebook%20Syst...)

screencapture/s:

When I click the hyperlink to download NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE Graphics Driver.

I only get as result this webpage:

hyperlink I get:

(http://www.nhttp.com//ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45167.exe)

screencapture/s:

When I click the hyperlink to download Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

I only get as result this webpage but I can't see any checker tool to run the hardware test:

But let to me to say to you that I can't run actually any harware test on CQ60-120ES because the bios was bad flashed or no complete and then if the bios does not load the S.O. neither.

hyperlink I get:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336130 (Link Updated 04/27/2017)

screencapture/s:

I only hope there are any solution to load a New Bios to the notebook Compaq Presario CQ60-120ES, with a black screen on it when I press the power on button.

Thank you very much by your help and time.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,904 3,735 201 433
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@f4t4pmKbZ,

Not sure why the links are for working.

Try going to www.support.hp.com

Enter the computer model

Select software and drivers and go

It will list all the drivers available.

Please get back to me.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
f4t4pmKbZ Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tardis40 wrote:

@f4t4pmKbZ,

Not sure why the links are for working.

Try going to www.support.hp.com

Enter the computer model

Select software and drivers and go

It will list all the drivers available.

Please get back to me.

@HELLO @Tardis40,

Can you help to me step by step to load a bios in a Compaq Presario CQ60-120Es, if it hasn't a bios loaded well into itself,

or it is impossible.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
3,904 3,735 201 433
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@f4t4pmKbZ,

If you are still having issues, please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
f4t4pmKbZ Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tardis40 wrote:

@f4t4pmKbZ,

If you are still having issues, please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.

@HELLO @Tardis40,

Compaq Presario CQ60-120ES is an oldy notebook, and I think that your solution given to me it maybe could not be totally free, I don't wan't to spend more money for CQ60-120ES. I only suppose that into the HpForums I could to find how to solve this bit problem. If you can't to guide to me to load a BIOS at this notebook, please to stop to give to me wrong hyperlinks, or not free solutions. I am sorry but for the moment I will continue to find THE SUCCESSFUL SOLUTION.

Take care and the best regards.

0 Kudos
f4t4pmKbZ Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tardis40 wrote:

@f4t4pmKbZ,

@HELLO @Tardis40, how are you?

After a few try I got the sp51485 F65A.exe from: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51001-51500/

I had download days before at:

http://support.hp.com/es-es/drivers/selfservice/compaq-presario-cq60-100-notebook-pc-series/3768152/...

I have extract the sp51485.exe and I have the following files:

360BF65.FD
Ding.wav
FlashTester.exe
iFdPacker.exe
InsydeFlash.exe
InsydeFlashx64.exe
iscflash.dll
iscflash.sys
iscflashx64.dll
iscflashx64.sys
platform.ini
ReleaseNotes.txt

I also found the following .pdf with very interesting information about hp bios as you can look at:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01132920

I have thought the following:

If I create a dos boteable usb flashdrive and I add the followings files at the root of the flashdrive:

InsydeFlash.exe

iscflash.dll
iscflash.sys

360BF65.FD

autoexec.bat

At file autoexec.bat I only have written the followings lines of code:

REM Will this file flash the bios that I have downloaded to this notebook?

@Echo off
InsydeFlash.exe -s 360BF65.FD
exit

Please could you check this information that I have given to you and say to me if I am in correct way?

If you say Yes, and I run it and all work successfully I promise to you that I will mark to your comment as The Solution.

If you say to me no, please say to me what am I doing wrong.

Thank you very much by all. The best regards.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation