Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ61
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

changed MB cmos  battery  .  will not boot checked adapter  19.3 V  and port at the MB  19.3 

not booting  was thinking of changing power button 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Dambala ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps below:

Take the battery out, un-plug the power adapter, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Try to turn on the notebook and see if it start's up. 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Dambala ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps below:

Take the battery out, un-plug the power adapter, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Try to turn on the notebook and see if it start's up. 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did ,nothing

The last thing I did  when the unit would no boot was to replace the hard drive fron an other HP unit . It boot normaly I then shut it off and reboot ; that is when the compac power light and the hard drive started to blink . Number of blink 10 .

I downloade the Bios file  sp44895 from HP support to create a Flash dride for . I am at the present trying to create the

USB flash drive .  I  read the instructions and follow them but stil not able to create it. That is what I have done and this is where i am

HP Recommended

Hi @Dambala ,

Thank you for responding,
It's great to have you back 😉

If that's the case, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.