03-23-2011 10:25 AM
My F500 will not boot - it has been sent to HP for repair for the built in wireless device and had some BIOS problems also resovled by your tech support - it is out of warrenty - these are the symptoms:
I pushed the power button until the computer turned off and then pushed it again to restart it. (did I mention the battery is in and the computer is plugged in?) All that happens is all the power lights, network lights, DVD lights go on. The DVD drive makes the typical single or double click that it always makes when booting, the fan powers up for just a second, the lights stay on for a few seconds and then they flash off and try to start again. Nothing comes up on the screen.
This is what I have tried:
1) Push power button and hold down F8 just after pushing
2) Push power button and tap the F8 key for some time
3) Unplugged the power cord and tried to start it (same result)
4) Took out the batter and plugged the cord back in
5) Tried various combinations of the above, but can't guarantee that each possibility was hit.
5) Pulled out the battery and unplugged the cord and pushed the power button for 90 seconds. Then plugged the cord back in and tried to start.
7) Pulled out the hard drive and the battery and tried to start
All of these attempts yielded the same results. Completely blank screen (doesn't even flash), flashing or stable power lights, few DVD clicks, brief fan usage, no real sound from anything else.
I called tech support - I was told it would cost me $400.00 just to get a box to send it to HP for repairs (I have learned that this is a known problem) I got frustrated talking to the rep when I explained that this was a known issue with this model
when I took it to a service center I was told to contact HP -
03-24-2011 08:52 AM
Have you tried booting without the hard drive installed? try this and see if you can enter the bios. If you cant even do this then i would suggest its a board failure.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)