02-24-2010 02:03 AM
OK so I was laying in bed with my laptop on one night and I suddenly fell asleep. As I found out later at 4AM, I had knocked my laptop over to the floor like a foot below. As it landed, it fell on the side of the power adapter, making the tip of the adapter bent. The computer was off now. After I woke up I tried to bend it back together but it didn't seem to work. Later in the day, I tried it again, and this time the 'charging' light was lit up, signaling that my laptop and the charger had a connection - which was very great news to me. After I saw it light up, I pressed the power button. The first thing that happened was the fan blew, like always, then the power button and the mute button started flashing. After it was done flashing, it just turns off. Any help for what I can do? Is it the power adapter - as in should i just purchase a new one? Or is it completely my laptop?
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)