07-29-2016 07:08 PM - edited 07-29-2016 07:09 PM
When my computer is booting up it goes to a black screen then switches to a blue blank screen with the cursor. Then it will not let me do anything.
07-30-2016 02:24 AM
Shutdown the notebook.
Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu. Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive and Memory.
Post back with the results, including any error codes that may be generated.
Can you also post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your cq57 series notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information - and the version of Windows installed.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)