Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just got my computer back this afternoon after being repaired for a 2nd time (still under extended warranty - Thank goodness!!) The last repair lasted less than a month - the computer was just a year old. Today, I turned it on and starting putting the programs on that I need - Had to restart, of course and guess what? It had it's 3rd Hard Drive boot failure........Guys in customer support told me that the first repair was replacing the mother board. The 2nd repair was replacing the hard drive and the hard drive power supply/cord. I will not let them try to "repair" it again. Now I'm waiting for the case manager to call me. They have "high call volume" so I have to wait for them to call tomorrow. 

Didn't receive a call from case manager at scheduled 4 1/2 hour window. Waiting again.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@julieannsews 

We are NOT HP Tech Support and we can do NOTHING for you directly in terms of either warranty coverage or equipment replacement.  So, coming here with threats is not going to accomplish anything.

You need to contact HP Customer Support to settle this.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@julieannsews, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I apologize. I was very frustrated. I have contacted them and after quite awhile on the phone, I was referred to a case manager. I am now waiting for a call back. I will remove my post if possible. How would you deal with an HP laptop that couldn't perform because of constant Boot drive failures. Am I doing something wrong?

HP Recommended

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting HP. I would like some additional information so I can research this issue and determine the best way to assist you over social media. Please confirm the following, and fill in any blank fields:

Customer Name: 
 Contact Number: 
 Email Address: 
 Mailing Address: 
 Serial Number: 
 Product Name: 
 Product Number:

Description of Issue: 

Best regards,

Jeff Christopher
Executive Escalations
I am an HP Employee    

I work for HP
HP Recommended

It says not to give this personal information on this site....

I have a case manager now and I am supposed to be getting a refurbished computer to replace it, though I have not received the information that was supposed to be e-mailed to return the broken computer. She said she would call me tomorrow morning. You can look up my case by the case number. The last repair/complaint # (out of 4) was 5043235327. All of the information you are requesting  is there.

Thank you for your willingness to help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.