12-07-2017 05:38 PM
No error messages-monitor screen remains blank upon power-up. Can hear beeps & fans as appropriate with presence of power. Video cable has been replaced by computer repair shop but no luck-they seem to think that there is an issue with the motherboard.
12-08-2017 01:51 PM
Thank you for joining HP Forums.
I'll be glad to help you :)
As I understand the computer doesn't have a display,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
Did you check with an alternate monitor?
If you haven't, Please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware or a software failure,
if the issue does not appear on the alternate monitor, you may need to replace the display assembly on your computer,
if the issue appears on the alternate monitor/TV as well, re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: Click here
If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS)
If the issue does not appear in BIOS, reinstall the graphics card drivers & update BIOS using the above link,
If it does, Contact HP to replace the LCD/Repair the computer:
If the issue occurred after an accident (such as dropping it on the floor, liquid spilled on it, etc.) there could be a hardware failure and in such cases, you may need to get the computer repaired via HP (there could be a charge involved if the PC isn't covered by the accidental damage protection plan)
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:
* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
* Enter Product number or select to auto detect
* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.
If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you,
feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,
Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)