Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion x360 m convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My bios password i can't remember it, i have to this this computer I work on phones, help with homework and you name I bought hp so wouldn't have to worry, I know they make good stuff, the  the bios  password is either i forgot it a kid changed but I figure call and HP can  get the password to unlock quick.

No I find out they offer no free service and I either pay 59 for one time help,  or 49 plus 14 a month, 5jey told me they have such  service they needn't let anyone have a free help line every other company In the world.

On top of that I told the girl I didn't have any money so I can't and what is the cheaper option..then I get sales pitch from I was told they I only opted for the one time plan then if my laptop has issues again every month for the next year rhat would be higher than buying 49 plus 24 a plan, I know computers but many people as elders would be terrified as I was told told hacker, email worms, and i think they even expected me to pay after iisaidb no I can't do since i have no money

I asked for a supervisor, I old him the hardcore sales pitch was von artists at they're worst, and I couldn't get a straight answer, and while I understand they have certain things they have to pitch, they some not talk down to us attempt to scare us to cough up money and I'm not getting a ho again ever, 

Oh and I posted asking for help since I saw customer service people answer them and give them the password to fix their computer...i isaid mya computer is locked up and there is the error message..I'm then seeing  a ist post saying don't post helping shw others iOS, so tney close it and I hsve no answer even though I wanted to talk to a customer service representative who wants to help!

No HP ever again, I spent almost a 1000 to gey the laptop and stuff, but over this the won't it again.

¹

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Wallywest80 

First off, why would you spend $1000 for a PC and not even take 30 SECONDS to write down the password? That's certainly NOT the fault of HP.

Second, the BIOS password is encoded into the firmware of the motherboard, so to replace that, HP's policy is to replace the motherboard -- which is quite expensive!

You could have saved this money if you had spend 30 seconds writing down the BIOS password you set.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.