Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I recently turned in my HP notebook on warranty and received a new device of the same model. But I have a problem with the new laptop.

When you start a Windows computer, usually the first thing you see is the start-up screen with the light blue Windows logo (or alternatively the logo from your computer's manufactorer) in the middle of the screen. The typical Windows loading symbol appears below and turns in circles. On the my notebook, the start-up screen is broken and looks different than before.

Screenshots:

On my old notebook, the HP logo was smaller. It seems to be  the same image now, but it's displayed at a bigger scale which makes it pixelated. The BIOS version was not displayed. And obviously the screen wasn't split in half, showing the logo and everything else twice.

Please can someone tell me how I can get back the normal start-up screen? Without the BIOS version, without the oversized, pixelated logo and without the duplicated screen glitch? Thanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

first picture seems to be OK, second for sure it's not.

try to enter in F10 BIOS setup and reapply Factory Default settings.

save and exit

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.