Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Computer won't turn on!! Black screen w/ caps lock flashing every 3-4 secs

HP stream 11
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Please help my HP stream 11 is not turning on!!!! When power button is pressed, I am not directed to startup instead nothing happens...just a black screen.
Nothing happens, and there's no noise. Caps locks blink every 3-4 seconds. I waited for the battery to die and charged again and switched on and still nothing happened....
Please... Please help! I have all my essential school work/textbooks there! U r a saviour if u canfix the issue! Pls!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1251
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Idiotsmiles,

Can you match the sequence of 'blinks' to those shown in the table below.

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Grad Student
709 700 9 57
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

we need the blink codes

the PC has no pop out easy battery,  so disconnecting it first, is problematic, as we always do FIRST.

do the BIOS screens all works < poweron, push ESC, or F9 or F11,  ?  they must or battery can be shorted inside.

if BIOS works,

then boot F9 to a USB stick with (linux live or windows 7/8'10 live PE on it)

run now?  if not battery bad.

just did this to my Sister-n-laws,  the battery was swamping the power regs,  so new battery all is good.

but that is not the only thing that can fail.

so we test it all.

the battery

BIOS ok

USB port boot to UDisk OS, PE, or linux

we even test the HDD  (SSD) if susppected,  (all alse works but F11 install fails)

I am not HP, and I am fully retired since 2009 from this industry. older than dirt,
0 Kudos
Idiotsmiles Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can't acces BIOS at all, my laptop display does not react to anything. What should i do? And by the way, the caps lock blink is once (the cpu error one i think?)

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation