Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (225 Views)

Computer won't turn on, motherboard issue? (HP ENVY Sleekbook 6-1010eo)

[ Edited ]
Product Name: 6-1010eo
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I followed the instructions listed on this page for "performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset". In particular I followed the "Reset a notebook with a sealed or non-removable battery" section as my laptop has a non-removable battery.

However, I did all this to no avail.

When I release the power button it produces a brief white light and the F12 button with a "wireless" icon (see attached image below) produces an equally brief orange light simultaneously.

I don't know what's going on From what I can gather from this thread, it has to do with the motherboard. Please help me! 

I found that this user experienced a similar, if not identical problem with her or his very own HP ENVY Sleekbook 6-1010eo just this month and posted about it, but the thread did not produce an answer.

Image of F12 button:

Photo on 18.4.16. at 21.48.jpg

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (176 Views)

Re: Computer won't turn on (HP ENVY Sleekbook 6-1010eo)

Hi @badbit,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have read all of your post's that you linked to on the HP Support Forums.  I see you are having issues with HP ENVY 6-1010eo Sleekbook not starting correctly. Here is an explanation of the flashing lights. 

Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows.

Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Have you tried reseating Memory and the HDD?

Please let me know how this goes.

Click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos high five, just to say thanks for trying.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation