cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurpr2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Consistently reboots when sleeping, just got a "boot device not found, please install an OS" error

HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For the last four or five days, every morning I open my laptop to find it's rebooted overnight. Today, I opened it to find a black screen along with the error message: "Boot device not found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard Disk (3F0)"

I ran the F2 diagnostics on the hard drive with no issues. I tried to run it on memory, but it said there was no memory installed. I eventually restarted and was able to repair using the F11 diagnostic tool. 

My computer is currently up and running; however, my worry is that, given recent behavior, I am going to continue having startup issues, possibly that continue to escalate. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,702 13,670 1,106 1,230
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @laurpr2,

I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions-

Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

HP Support Assistant Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Also, try updating the BIOS. Refer to this document for steps - HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

and update using the above steps..

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation