Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (113 Views)

Cq60 won't boot

Product Name: Cq60 210us predation
Starts up goes straight to " delete restoration data and proceed to system boot". Enter button will not work can get to some of the f screens on start up but they do nothing. Tried hard starts and all that. Frustrating
Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 6 (83 Views)

Re: Cq60 won't boot

HI @Chas450

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to windows.

I’d love to help!

It sounds as if the laptop was in Hibernation rather than shut down before this happened. Deleting the restoration data refers to things you may have had open and was saved to memory before hibernating. Deleting it and trying to resume boot 'shouldn't' have any effect on your data, programs.

1. Press “continue with system resume”. If the hibernation file is still intact, the system will resume and load up. If that doesn’t help, proceed to step 2…
  2. Select the second option to “Delete restoration data…” The damaged hiberfil.sys file will be deleted and your computer will boot up, but any data that was stored in a hibernation file during the hibernation process will be lost. However, you will be able to start up your Windows system.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (73 Views)

Thanks for the quick replay. Unfortunaly whatever screen I go to "and it's only 2-3" the enter or select key doesn't work . Not sure why .
I haven't used this laptop for maybe a year and a half. I did install win 10 on it. Probably not correctly.
I appreciate any help you can offer. I liked this lap top. Thanks
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6 (60 Views)

Hi @Chas450

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your time and efforts.

I recommend you to try performing a reset on the computer which will the computer back to its original factory settings.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform reset.

http://hp.care/2byfHyh

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (34 Views)

Ya that didn't work. Thanks anyway.
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6 (30 Views)

Hi @Chas450

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your time and efforts.

I recommend you to contact phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Good day! Take care Smiley Happy

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation