Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY17 17t-3200 A6U49AV
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello

Couple questions after I installed a new motherboard. Everything works fine with exception of needing to update the DMI Info.

1. What version of DMI utility would I need from HP "if" I was able to obtain access to one for my notebook which is

Notebook Name: ENVY 17 purchased in 2012 

Product # A6U49AV

Model # 17t-3200

Win 7 64bit

2. If I cannot get access to utility to update DMI, will HP tech center still do this for a fee even though warranty expired and notebook originally purchased in 2012?

3. Can a local tech store like Best Buy that sells HP's update the DMI on older HP for a cost?

Thank you to anyone for their time and response

Mike

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SierraMartal 

Two things ...

First, HP no longer provides the DMI utility to the public so you can't get it from HP.

Second, we have no idea what any other service provider can and will do -- so you have to contact them.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.