Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15M-DR0011DX

My daughter's less than two year old laptop went on the fritz this past weekend. Kept getting the "no device found" error on start up. Long story short, took it to a repair shop to get it looked at and after two days came back with the motherboard is malfunctioning. Of course the warranty is expired so options are limited. Very frustrated that a laptop that I bought for my daughter to do her schooling is now kaput less than two years of purchase. The tech I took it to and every online thing I could find said it would be less expensive to buy a new laptop than get this repaired. My question is why would I pay to by a new laptop when the one I purchased should not crap out less than two years of owning it and further more regardless of warranty or not, a consumer should have confidence in the product he/she purchases and that product will not malfunction through no fault of their own. Basically HP is going with the notion that short term profitability is more important than long term customer satisfaction. Why put out a product with a limited warranty that you know might have faulty tech other than profitability when the consumer must purchase your product again because of the questionable tech used in your product. To say I am pissed is an understatement. My choices are pay out the nose for repairs that shouldn't have happened in the first place or purchase a new product and hope this one isn't a lemon. I just want a functioning reliable product that won't malfunction at any time .

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@kmurphy1003

Welcome to HP Support Community

I understand your concerns and frustrations

I will escalate your case to HP's regional escalation team and a case manager will get back to you

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.