chirs_young
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dead Spectre x360

Spectre X360, 15 inch
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 15” Spectre X360 purchased in 2017. Model is 15T-bl000.

Last night the computer died. The charge light does not come on, computer does not start.  Did the 15 to 20 second hold the on button method - nothing happened. Death was sudden.

I’m a computer science student and it’s mid semester, so this was about the worst time for this to happen. I’m using a borrowed a10 year old MacBook Pro as a backup, but I’d like to get my machine back up and running.

Seems like there are dozens of reports of this happening.  What is my recourse here?

4 REPLIES 4
chirs_young
4 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dead Spectre x360

Forgot to add, I tried using the power supply on another USB-C powered computer and it worked fine. I tried using another working USB-C power supply on my HP - it did not help. Power supply is not the problem.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,685 22,642 1,901 3,018
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dead Spectre x360

@chirs_young here's the best way to resolve the issue, using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

If the above doesn't help or the steps are insufficient, check the below steps:

Let's start with a hard reset of your notebook computer before you try any other troubleshooting steps.

Reasons for a hard reset

A hard reset has the following effects:

• Clears the memory.

• Reestablishes the connection between the BIOS and the hardware

The following conditions can be helped by the hard reset:

• Windows stop responding.

• The display suddenly goes blank.

• The computer does not wake from sleep or hibernate modes.

• Software applications freeze or fail to respond.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
chirs_young
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dead Spectre x360

I did the hard reset, but the computer did not start up and is still dead. Are there any other actions that I should take?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,685 22,642 1,901 3,018
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dead Spectre x360

@chirs_young Did you go through the links I had shared for more steps? if not click here & here for more steps,

If you've gone through the links as well and yet there's no sign of power, this is most likely a hardware malfunction within the DC port or the motherboard and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation