Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 855G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody,

I have a EliteBook 855 G7 and i want to boot from non UEFI disk to install a linux distribution.

In BIOS menu features, i can't found the historic option to disable uefi and activate legacy mode

I try to disable secure boot that it's the only remain option in security but no way only UEFI Device was showed

Need your help please

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Olitux 

You can't just disable UEFI as such -- you have to set the mode to Legacy (or CSM, if that is what the BIOS allows).

If the BIOS settings don't allow you to change the mode, then you are stuck using UEFI.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.