Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP-envy Laptop 13-ah0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So this morning when I was using my laptop everything was going fine, everything was running like usual. However, after I closed it and opened it again around mid day it popped up with a error that said boot disk not found and it asks me to insert a disk into the laptop and I have tried restarting it many times and it did not work. But when I opened it again later (about 4 hours later) it seemed like the problem was gone and the laptop opened just fine.

Do I need to return the laptop to repairs or is it going to be fine?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JamesZeng Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Here are a few things you can do to identify the cause of the failure and resolve it:

NOTE: 

If the error message indicates 3F0 error or Boot Device Not Found, determine if your PC has Optane memory installed and configured correctly. See HP Consumer Desktop PCs - Boot Device Not Found (3F0) or Automatic Repair Errors for desktops,HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Boot Device Not Found (3F0) or Automatic Repair Errors for notebooks. For more information about Optane memory, see HP PCs - Installing and Using Intel Optane.

Step 1: Perform a hard reset

A hard or forced reset erases all information in the computer memory. This forces the system to clear and reestablish the software connections between the BIOS and the hardware.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey, the problem I am having is that it happens from times to times. Some times it pops up with this error while other times it doesn't occur. Should I perform a hard reset anyway?

HP Recommended

@JamesZeng I must let you know that the hard reset doesn't affect your personal data, it merely refreshes the static that may cause such issues at times, please go ahead with the hard reset using the steps mentioned in the link I had shared earlier,

The same should help resolve this issue once and for all.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.