Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy X360 15T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased 2 brand new HP Envy x360s.  One of them has experienced a display issue since I received it.

Occassionally when I move the notebook, the machine locks up, flashes with horizontal lines for about 15 seconds (see below) and then reboots.  Sometimes when it reboots the screen wil be black until I physicaly turn it off and back on again.  The issue occurs in both laptop and tablet mode.

I have tried to contact support but keep being told different numbers to call each time.  The warranty status for my serial number shows as being a retired product.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

Trevor.

20161225_193400.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @TrevorDGardner, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that you have display issues with your laptop.

As you mentioned when you move the notebook the machine locks up with horizontal lines.

Please try restoring BIOS to default and check if it helps.

To restore BIOS turn on your PC keep tapping F10 key on your laptop.

You should be able to boot into BIOS. From file tab select restore defaults.

Press F10 to save changes and exit the BIOS.

Please provide the product number of your PC.

I will try to find best drivers for your laptop.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI Chetan,

Thanks for responding so quickly.  My product Number is W0U47AV and is an HP Envy x360 - 15-aq100 CTO.

I initially did think about the BIOS and did download and apply the latest from the HP downloads section.  I will try resetting it to defaults.

One interesting note is that I have 2 which were ordered at the same time.  Both my wife's and mine arrived on the same day from the same location.  I have not changed any BIOS settings on either and hers has been working fine with no issues.  I had wondered if there is perhaps a loose connection internally.

I will try resetting the BIOS defaults and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

Trevor.

HP Recommended

Hi! @TrevorDGardner, thanks for the response.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

After performing BIOS default if you are able to windows without any problems.

Please uninstall the graphics driver from device manager.

And install the latest graphics driver using this link.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.