06-02-2011 08:38 AM
With my current security I cannot block pop-up ads from disrupting my screen and not allowing me to work with my computer? How can I stop this from happening?
06-02-2011 08:45 AM
First of all, download and install the free versions of MBAM and SUPERAntiSpyware on the links below.
When installed, run full scans with both these utilities and delete/quarantine anything found.
If the problem still persists, try the following:
If you are using Internet Explorer, close any Internet Explorer windows that may be open, then try the following.
Open windows Control Panel, open Internet Options, click the Privacy tab, place a tick in the box next to 'Turn on Pop-up Blocker', then click Apply to save the change - sites that you want to allow pop-ups for can be added to the list of Allowed Sites by clicking the Settings button, adding the web address and then clicking the Add button.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)