01-27-2010 04:01 PM - edited 01-27-2010 04:05 PM
This is really bothering me, my fan is always on high and the laptop is completely cool. I cleaned out all the dust, even opened my laptop to take any remaining dust, but the fan is still very loud. Once I go to watch a video or play a game in full screen, the fan freaks out and starts to lag whatever I am doing. Also, as soon as the fan starts roaring away, with nothing running, it makes my cpu jump to 20-30% Any idea what the problem is?
What I'm running:
Windows 7 (absoloutly new install) - I have been running win7 since it came out with no problems, so I reinstalled it thinking that was the problem initially, but it's not.
2gb ram 2ghz
Exact laptop model - pavilion dv6426us
Date of problem start - 1/21/09
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)