Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dv7 wont start and caps lock blinking at constant rate

Dv7-7333cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I disassembled my dv7 to clean out the cooler and i got everything back together and now all i get when i press the power button is a black screen, working fan, flashing caps lock button, and an amber f12 key.

I tried to hard reset (take out the battery, hold down the power button, etc) but that didnt work. I've tried to reseat the ram and reconfigure the modules in different combinations but to no avail. Ive tried to boot without a hdd but nothing different happened. Ive also tried to reseat the cpu but still nothing new happened. I also tried to reflow my motherboard with an oven (twice)! But again, to no avail

Video of the blink code: https://vid.me/EpHO
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16542 16275 953 2192
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dv7 wont start and caps lock blinking at constant rate

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have read about your issue about your HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook and it having startup issues. Try performing a hard reset.

When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.

Here is a detailed troubleshooter for when the computer won't start for Windows.

Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Have you tried reseating Memory and the HDD?

Please let me know how this goes.

Please click the Thumbs up if you feel this post has helped you.   

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation