One4ta Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

ENVY TouchSmart i7 won't power on but the LED light is on @ the plug in

ENVY TOUCHSMART i7
Laptop won't power on but the LED light @ the plug in lights up(white/orange). I've tried a hard reset... battery in or out no power nor does the fan come on.
6 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post

Hi there @One4ta, 

First and foremost, I want to welcome you to the HP Support Forums! Here at the forums, you have many community members that will help you toward a solution.

Please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. 

I know that you have already tried performing a hard reset but could you please follow these steps and try it one more time? 

Are you using the AC power adapter that came with the computer?

When you turn on the Notebook, does the power LED stay lit? Or does it shut off?

Did you receive any error messages before this happened?

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights

Have you done a BIOS reset?

I would like to provide you with a document called Computer Does Not Start. In this document, you will find the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the questions above. Please perform each troubleshooting step to answer the questions above. 

When you press the power button and the power LED glows, do you hear the fan spinning? If yes, but the display remains blank, see Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank

Could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and Which Windows Operating Systems you are running.

If this reply resolves your issue, please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button at the bottom of this post. 

Please let me know the detailed answers/results of the troubleshooting provided above.

To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks for joining the HP Support Community!

Have a great day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
One4ta Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post

Model:15-j003cl only the white light @ the plug-in illuminates and stays on. There are no other indication of power getting to the laptop than that one light, not even the fan. I am using original parts that came with the laptop from HP. This problem took place after it was plugged into the wall all day upon my discovery after I got home from work to use.
0 Kudos
One4ta Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post

BIOS reset done...nothing happened.
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post

Hi there, 

If there is no noise from the computer case or fans, the lights on the computer do not illuminate (including keyboard LEDs), and the screen is not receiving a video signal, your computer might not be receiving power. Please test your AC Power Adapter

Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights

Thank you for providing me with the Notebook Model Number. I can see now that you have an HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j003cl Notebook PC. I would just need to know Which Windows Operating Systems you are running also. This will allow me to provide you with documentation that is specific to you.

Please let me know the detailed results/answers to the questions above.

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
0 Kudos
One4ta Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post

Windows 10
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post

Hi One4ta, 

Have you tried the steps from my previous post(s)? In order for me to assist you better, I will need to know the detailed results of each troubleshooting step from the documentation. Otherwise, I will not be able to help you narrow down the cause. Any additional information that you can provide would be helpful.

Thank you. 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation