Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
ImpInside Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elite x2 1012 G1 Not Booting

Elite x2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

During a routine Windows update my Elite x2 1012 G1 stopped responding, after a considerable time it was obvious that it was not going to continue so I pressed the power button for 15 seconds to force a reboot.

When I tried to turn the device back on, it would not start. The Caps Lock and Num Lock light flash approximately once every 10 seconds, the keyboard backlights come on then fade off over about 15 seconds and continue that loop. If I plug a power cable in, the power light flashes orange then pulses white but apart from that there is no other activity.

I have tried disconnecting all devices including the keyboard, having the power cable plugged in and unplugged, pressing the power button for 45 seconds and the final suggestion I read was to leave the device in with keyboard attached in the 'on' state (caps lock and numlock flashing, keyboard backlight pulsing) until the battery drained, then insert the power and reboot. That was over night and still no response this morning.

I have since found this link to a BIOS updat that may proactively fix the issues, but I can't start the device to flash the BIOS : HP Document c05074007

How do I get my device started again?

1 REPLY
GPC_EUC Top Student
Top Student
7 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Elite x2 1012 G1 Not Booting

We just received 10 units for a Pilot in our Company (Well to be more accurate – this is a parastatal company).   So the first one imaged OK but number two is doing the exact same thing, and it died before we could even start the PXE boot. The  proposed solution with Windows + B key is not working either.  By what I see on the forums up to now, It looks like a painful ride ahead - My feeling right now is to send the whole lot back and write it off to experience.  This is the second HP pad we have trailed - The Elitepad was an absolute fiasco and it looks like this one will go the same way so I am going to cut my losses while I am ahead. Although I am under pressure to provide PAD solution to the company, this one will not be it. And I had such high hopes ..sigh

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation