Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 850 G2 i5-5200U
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear  All,

Everytime I start my Notebook Elitebook 850 G2 i5-5200U I receive the following error:

The CMOS checksum is invalid. The CMOS will be reset to the default configuration and will be rebooted. Please check your BIOS Setup options to see f they change. 

CMOS reset (502).

ENTER - Reboot the system

As the Notebook has not been used for many years and the battery was not installed (as we were using the Notebook as a desktop replacement we decided to avoid installing the battery) I believe the CMOS battery is now depleted and has to be changed. I have already opened the back of the Notebook and I could find the battery, which differently from desktop computers, it seems  to be packed in some sort of black tape (CMOS Battery). Therefore my questions:

1. Is it possible to buy a new battery with the same tape and cable install ready and where?
  2. Do I have to remove all the plastic cover (unscrewing it) or it is possible to delicately extract the battery from its current hiding? It seems to be glued somehow...?

Thanks a lot.

matih

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.