Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 13 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Pavilion model 13 laptop had a HDD crash, so I've installed a new SSD.  In order to boot from a USB to load the new SSD, I had to enable Legacy Support, and disable Secure Boot.  Now that I've loaded my new SSD, I feel I should set Secure Boot to ENABLE.  However in the BIOS, 'Secure Boot' is grayed out and the cursor won't go there for me to change from Disabled to Enabled.  I have already changed Legacy Support back to 'Disabled'.  I've looked all over the internet but haven't found anything that works.  THanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jekan I recommend updating the BIOS using the HP website: click here to find and install the same, meanwhile, do you have any concerns or issues while using the device while the secure boot is disabled? please let us know.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.