Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360 M6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envy x360 will not boot up.  It displays the message "Boot Device Not Found"  / "Please install an operating system on your hard drive"  / Hard Disk (3F0).  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LAK2020 Did you perform a hard reset to release all excessive static from the PC (this should get your keyboard working again, if it doesn't, please try with an external keyboard),

or Run a hardware test to identify the issue?

While you respond to that, please follow the below steps to identify and resolve this concern:

Step 1: Perform a hard reset

HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset

Step 2: Restore BIOS default setting

Step 3: Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

Step 4: Reseat the hard drive (here's a video that shows how to re-seat the drive: Click here)

Step 5: If the tests pass, Perform an HP System Recovery

(If none of the above actions resolved the error condition, back up your personal data) and then perform an HP System Recovery on the notebook:

Click here for instructions.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the message.  I disconnected the battery and plugged it back in and still have he same error.  The hard disk check passed.  Any other suggestions?  Thank you.  

HP Recommended

@LAK2020 Did you perform the system recovery as well? to reinstall the OS, since the h/w test passed? if not, Click here for instructions.

And if that doesn't work, you may need to order the recovery media from HP if you haven't created one on your own or check if you can get it from the HP cloud.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.