Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Sporadically since buying the laptop, I will press the power button on the side of the computer and the charging cable is plugged in and I have to try 5-7 times for it to come on.  Sometimes I even unplug the charging cord and then it will boot up.  I will press the power button the left hand side and hold it multiple times and still often, nothing happens.  It has done this since I bought it and I've just never had time to call HP and ask them why.  Normally this is after I've been using it and the battery has gone dead, and once it's turns off due to no battery even with the charging cord plugged in, it won't come back on without multiple attempts.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @gatlins2005,

Were there any recent windows update on the PC?

Have you tried charging the laptop using a different adapter?

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

It sounds like an issue with the Adapter or charging port on the PC has gone faulty.

However, Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Update Windows to the latest version.

Try updating the BIOS and chipset drivers on the PC to the latest version using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Remove the AC adapter and discharge battery capacity to 10 percent or lower.
Re-connect the AC adapter and check if the battery can be charged to 95 to 100 percent (95 to 100% is normal).
If upgrading to F.45 does not fix the issue, replace the battery.
If replacing the battery does not resolve the issue, follow the standard repair process to get the issue resolved.

Run Power Troubleshooter.

On Cortana, enter  Troubleshooter then select Troubleshooting.
Click Improve power usage to open the window, then click Next. 
This should run the troubleshooter and can fix any detected issues. You may try restarting your computer and charge your battery again.

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.