Envyx360-2019
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Envy x360 will not power on

3vu72ua#aba
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My laptop fails to power on. The power cord has been validated as working with another laptop. No light is shown with the power cord plugged into the Envy X-360. I have executed the procedures outlined to do a hard reset without success. The laptop is less than a year old from purchase date. Any ideas on how to resolve?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,795 17,704 1,016 1,120
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Envyx360-2019

Welcome to HP support community.

1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage 
  2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector 

3. Start the computer using the battery only 

4. Check that the lid switch moves freely 

5. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning. 

• If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery. 

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Envyx360-2019
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for taking the time to respond. The Envy x360 has all components sealed inside the computer. There is no replacement of the battery that can be done without shipping the laptop back to HP.  Submitted a warranty dispute. Apparently this is a common problem with the Envy and others have had to ship back for repair, multiple times.  I am disappointed with my purchase that I have two more payments on. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,795 17,704 1,016 1,120
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Envyx360-2019

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Envyx360-2019
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sandy, thank you. I will be on the lookout for any direct messages.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation