Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
250 G7
FreeDOS

Hello,

I just got my new notebook HP 250 G7 which comes with freeDOS on it.

After trying to boot from USB Windows installation disk I get blue screen error number 0xc0000017

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Luka

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Luca:

See if the info at the link below is of help to you...

https://betanews.com/2016/01/06/how-to-fix-error-0xc0000017-when-installing-windows-10/

Unless you are getting the blue screen immediately upon booting from the flash drive, since you don't have Windows installed, you can get the the command prompt at the beginning of the installation by selecting the 'Repair this  PC' option on the bottom left of the Install Now window.

So you would skip the first two steps in the link.

1. Type bcdedit /enum all and press Enter.
  2. You'll see a list of all the memory locations that have been deemed 'bad', this list can be cleared.
  3. Type bcdedit /deletevalue {badmemory} badmemorylist and press Enter (type this verbatim, {badmemory} is not a placeholder for anything).
  4. Close the Command Prompt window and restart your computer and see if you can now install W10 from the USB flash drive.
HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

thank you for Your quick response.

Unfortunately I am getting the blue screen immediately upon booting Windows installation from flash drive.

After running HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI, I got this results:

Processor Check: Passed

Memory Quick Check: Passed

Storage Check: No storage installed

Hard Drive Check: Smart Check: Passed

Short DST: Passed

System Board Test: Passed

Furthermore, in BIOS Setup under Configuration -> UEFI HII Configuration -> Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology I'm getting this:

Intel(R) RST 17.8.0.4507 RAID Driver

No disks connected to system

Booting Hiren’s BootCD PE was successful and there I saw hard drive (SSD 512GB) so I don't know why I get no storage installed in diagnostic.

Could You please assist me any further?

Best regards,

Luka

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Luca.

Unfortunately, I have no idea why you are getting those reports, and why no drive is showing up for storage.

Does your notebook have a DVD drive?

If it does you can make a bootable W10 DVD instead of a USB flash drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.