Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP

Error Message reads-Boot Device not found

please install an operating system on your hard disk

Hard Disk 3F0

F2 System Diagnostics please help!

thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

This usually indicates a problem with the Hard Drive.

What happens when you press F2 and perform the Hard Drive test?

Try turning off the PC by holding the power button until complete shutdown. Press the power button and repeatedly keep hitting ESC until the startup menu appears.

Next press F2 to enter diagnostics. Try performing the short system test. See if it perfirms the hard drive test too.

Can you also provide the model or product number of your machine

model

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks for responding. It is error hard disk 3F0. I have performed memory test and a hard drive test. They both passed. I also keep hitting the ESC button this error is still on the screen. I have also cut off laptop several times. Same message keeps returning. It will not  give me the option to shut down  or pull up the internet or anything. Help ! I never seen this before. It was working fine the other day.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I was waiting on a response. My computer still has the same error.

thank you 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.