Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error code 0xc0000225

HP Stream 7 Tablet

I have a HP Stream 7 Tablet 

I was just surfing the net and then the tablet just updated to Windows 10 automatically even though I am already in Windows 10

I booted it and then it showed an error message:

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired 

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed 

Error Code: 0xc0000225 

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation device media, Contact your PC Administrator (My Tablet or I'm the Pc Administrator but I don't know computers because I'm a. Student) or PC/Device Manufacturer (Someone just gave me this tablet she forgot the PC/Device Manufacturer

Please press the Windows key (which I can't because of It doesn't have a keyboard or if it is the home key it doesn't work)

I can't boot it because of error code: 0xc0000225 

My recent software is  Windows 10 Home

Internet connection is wireless

Plus because it is a tablet I can't connect a keyboard and a usb recovery file or a disc

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1433
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error code 0xc0000225

Hello, @ronnieboy - Hope you are well :)

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I see that you are having boot issues with your HP Stream 7 tablet. Do not worry, I’m here to help :)

I would recommend you perform a system recovery as suggested here: http://hp.care/2lMjH22

Follow the steps under "Reset your computer using the System Recovery option".

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck :)

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
olsendp Top Student
Top Student
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Error code 0xc0000225

I have no media to use to do this with.  I have a blank MicroSD card but that isn't going to do it for me.  Where do I get the files needed to put on that card?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation