Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
parasmonga2 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Everything works on my laptop except the display.

MODEL 2000-2106TU
Everything works except the display. Laptop turns on, can hear the turn on tune, but screen is black. Screen sometimes shows up for 5 - 6 seconds then blacks out again.
1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
2840 184 354
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Everything works on my laptop except the display.

Hi there @parasmonga2, 

Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others!

Please remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues. Then please try and connect an external Monitor or TV to your Notebook to see if the screen displays properly there. 

Have you connected the Notebook to an external monitor or TV? Please try this step first to see if the display on the external Monitor or TV is black also. 

Have you tried to start in Safe Mode?

Have you done a BIOS reset?

Have you done a BIOS Upgrade?

Have you tried performing a hard reset?

Have you tried to see if you can test for hardware failures?

When you press the power button, a fan spinning sound is heard, but the display remains black. If the computer is on, but the display remains blank, see Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank.

When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as an Accepted Solution.

If you would like to show you appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below. 

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to help! Please just re-post with the information required from above. Please let me know the detailed results of the troubleshooting steps provided. 

Have a wonderful day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation