Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-AW002LA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I really hope you can help me.

I tried to perform a BIOS update using the HP BIOS Update utility, it started off fine, and even rebooted several times, but got stuck at some point. Not wanting to interrupt the process I left the laptop on over night (i think i waited around 12 hrs trying to avoid a forced shut down). Next day, nothing changed, so I forced shutdown by keeping the power button pressed for a few seconds. When I tried to turn it on again the laptop did not even start the boot process, i only get a black screen. I can hear the fan working when leaving it "on" for a little while. Tried recovering the BIOS using the the Windows key + (B or V) + power button method without success. Took the hard drive off the laptop to check if it died or something but it works fine; i could not how ever, find the HP_TOOLS partition, just the EFI, Recovery and Windows partition. After that, I tried the same recovery process but using the USB flashdrive (created with the utility i got from the HP Support site) I tried this with the first BIOS version and the latest, without success. When I opened the laptop to get the HDD, I noticed the battery was swollen, so I took it out so I´m working  without a battery (not sure if it is relevant).  I tried finding the battery for the CMOS to try and reset it, but could not find it anywhere.  Please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Criton74

I appreciate your expertise and patience in troubleshooting this issue

At this point I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.