Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 15 ax206ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

as my notebook keyboard was broken (some keys didnt work anymore) I replaced it

(used this manual: https://de.ifixit.com/Anleitung/HP+Omen+15-ax243dx+Keyboard+Replacement/100786?lang=en)

Along that repair I decided to upgrade RAM and SDD:

-RAM was upgraded before keyboard replacement and worked fine

After the keyboard replacement nothing worked, the notebook would start but shut down after 10 seconds just to start all over again. No BIOS or OMEN/HP splash screen.

So I did a hard reset (removed the CMOS battery until BIOS was reset).

Now the notebook starts, sometimes display comes on, sometimes it doesnt. If it does, BIOS splash screen appears and settings can be entered (insyde h2o rev F.52)

However no setting combination in the BIOS (tried everything including legacy/uefi/safeboot etc.) will prevent from goin to an ERROR SCREEN:

3F0 - BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND

I tried every hardware combination (harddrives: old/new ones or all/none, RAM, old keyboard)

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI doesnt find any harddrives. (Used the HP-Diagnostics-USB-Stick with 1.3GB program as well - no errors, only missing harddrives)

BIOS update (or downgrade for that matter) via USB stick doesnt work (startup with WIN+B or WIN+V doesnt do anything), just leaving in the stick when booting normally returns "no boot device found".

Starting a WIN 10 installation via USB stick doesnt find harddrives. diskpart doesnt find any.

The HDD and SDD definitely work (tested on other PC)

AND THE WEIRDEST: on 2 occasions it actually booted all the way to WIN 10 logon screen and worked as if there was no issue - until the next reboot, when it would forget it got harddrives.

once that happend after I booted with a WIN10Install USB, which I unplugged the moment the installation data would start loading. the other time I used a FreeDOS USB Stick, which apparently decided to find the harddrives and load WIN10 - however that only worked once.

Since I've been very careful when switching the keyboard and because it booted on 2 occasions (with hours of testing and rearranging hardware in between) I doubt the Mainboard is damaged. Harddrives work fine. I suspect I need to flash a new BIOS onto the board. However HP only provides their files to be used with their startup UEFI, which doesnt seem to work for me. I would need to flash the BIOS manually - with what flash tool?

Any solutions?

Thanks everyone

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HI@netstorm, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We understand that looks like that keyboard or Ram is faulty try connecting the old keyboard and check the functionality on the motherboard.

First, try resetting the Ram or Remove the ram to check the functionality?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.