Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Froze at splash screen

HP Probook 450 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP software updated bios.  Computer restarted and has frozen on splash screen.  Pressing various f keys will bring varying messages to the lower left of the screen, but then freezes.  

5 REPLIES 5
Provost Provost
Provost
9,839 8,686 711 3,197
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Froze at splash screen

Hello @airborne_18104 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.

Let me know how it goes.

****  Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
****  Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional

airborne_18104 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Froze at splash screen

Created usb BIOS drive.  Followed steps using both methods, windows key and b / v keys.  Computer still froze at splash screen.  Also tries f10, f11, and f12. Message appears at bottom, but then freezes.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,839 8,686 711 3,197
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Froze at splash screen

@airborne_18104 wrote:
Created BIOS

What do you mean ?

****  Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
****  Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional

0 Kudos
airborne_18104 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Froze at splash screen

Updated reply.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
9,839 8,686 711 3,197
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Froze at splash screen

@airborne_18104 

If you did try everything from the web article but nothing helped, I am afraid you will need to bring your computer (or ship it) to service - HP Authorized service center. If the computer is still under warranty, you will need to notify HP support first. If you are not sure where such a center is located, please contact HP support for assistance in finding one. Here is more info:

>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372730

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/store-finder/find.do?bs=SR4&type=authorized

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

If in the USA, you may call toll free 1-(800)-474-6836

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation