Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP envy-360

About once a week I'll close my laptop when finished using it. Then when I open it back up and push the power button nothing happens. Even if the laptop is plugged in. The little light that comes on when charging is always on when this happens. I then have to let the laptop sit until it dies on its own and then I can plug it in and it will start up. This laptop is only a year and a half old and I'm already having issues!!! What do I do to fix this, or who do I need to call. Virtual support is useless.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

It seems that the laptop is not waking from sleep mode. When it happens you should be able to press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds until a complete shutdown occurs and then press the power button again and the system should boot.

You could also try completely updating the machine drivers, Bios, Windows and see if the problem persists.

You can do this through HP support assistant and Windows update or download drivers from HP support page for your machine.

Product

You can also change what happens when you close the lid of the laptop. You could try setting it to complete shutdown. You can find these settings in power options.

Hope it helps,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.