Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 17-cd0024na Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I need to use F1 F2 and F3 in my programs. But instead they work as functional hotkeys. I check BIOS coudlnt find such option. I ask AI for manual link to is doesnt work. I try follow guides. But none of them worked. My FN key has no light so I think I dont have switch modes.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Zardrian
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Many notebooks feature a setting that allows you to use the action keys functionality without pressing the fn key each time. Use the correct steps based on your notebook type to enable or disable this functionality from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02035108

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

None of those options work for me

I don't have such options in BIOS

And my fn key have no led. and can only be hold. I don't want hold fn all the time to have hotkeys disabled

HP Recommended

@Zardrian

if a certain function is blocked or unavailable on his device, it means the device doesn't support that function.

Hope this helps!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You did quote Boofluff. Tho I dont even see such user in this topic

HP Recommended

@Zardrian
apologize for the inconvenience caused, 

Is everything working fine or would you require any further assistance? 

Just to rephrase as I mentioned earlier the other keyboard functionality is not system managed.

Hence is not possible to modify or change the other functionality. 

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.