TargaDigital
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

G2 docking station not working

HP Recommended
HP 14 cf2508na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am supporting a client with an HP cf2508na notebook to be used with a docking station.

The HP virtual assistant advised 3 devices, one of which was the USB C Travel Hub G2.

I cannot get this device to work with this laptop, although it works fine with a MacBook.

I have just spent a very frustrating hour and a half on WhatsApp support with an HP tech who couldn't help me and told me to go to support.hp.com for help!  So here I am.

I can see that this laptop isn't listed as a compatible product in the G2 tech specs, which questions why the VA recommended it to me.

I have read a lot about the Thunderbolt Security Level BIOS setting, but I can't find this setting in the BIOS for this laptop.

Does anyone know of a solution?  Or whether there is an alternative dock which will work with this laptop?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation