01-16-2013 11:55 PM - edited 01-17-2013 01:09 AM
The Caps Lock buttons stays black, doesn't blink.
Yesterday tried to clean my pc from dust, got to the point of removing the keyboard. Removed it, cleaned it. Since then it doesn't start up.
The only indicators, that glow, are:
* power button led
* ac led
* wifi/f12 led (orange)
None of them are blinking.
Operating system: Windows 7 Professional x64
Before that added some ram, replaced cdrom with a hdd caddy - everything worked perfectly.
What could be the cause of this malfunction?
I tried to perform a hard reset (holding the power button for more, than 15 seconds with no battery and no ac plugged in) - didn't help
Tried to remove ram to check, if caps lock indicator is working - it blinked according the the Caps Lock Error Signals.
After some magical manipulations (holding Win+B for ~ 5 seconds and powering on, repeating severaltimes) the Caps Lock buttons started blinking 2 times. According to the Caps Lock indicators - it's a BIOS failure.
Does anyone have a tutorial, how can i flash the bios with a usb stick?
After Caps Lock blinking folowed by powering down the laptop it started normaly! Wow. I don't know, what happened, but probably it was a BIOS fault from the beginning. Will try to flash it right now.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)