iain80
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

G62 caps lock linking continuously + WIFI solid orange. Will not boot

G62
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have a G62 Laptop that will no longer start up.  When I press the power button I can hear the hard drive and CPU fan spin but after that the CAPS LOCK light continuously flashes and the WIFI light remains a solid orange.    I have tried removing the battery and holding down the power button for more than 30 seconds but that didn't help.  I tried removing the RAM sticks and booting up with one of them in at time but still can't get it to go.  I also blew out the fans but that didn't change a thing.

I don't know what else to do.  I have read that it might be something with the CPU or the motherboard but I didn't know if there was anything else that I could try out.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Level 9
1,373 1,351 114 380
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

G62 caps lock linking continuously + WIFI solid orange. Will not boot

You can diagnose your problem using the LED blink code you described.

Here is the link: LED Blink Codes

Capture.JPG

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
        If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation