02-28-2013 10:08 AM
I see that you're having an issue with notebook not booting up. Now, if you could please tell me how many times the LED light is blinking on the caps lock/num lock key?
Once you find out check this list of causes and let me know which one it is.
I look forward to your response.
02-28-2013 10:30 AM
OK, if it's blinking just once, then it's indicating the CPU is bad. Now, it could very well be the MOBO but at this point knowing you already replaced the CPU it could be either or. Now that doesn't rule out that the CPU you have now was bad when you used it to replace the old one.
I would suggest calling HP@8004746836 to see what options they have to replace or repair the notebook.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)