2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Getting intermittent 3f0 hard disk error on boot

HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’m out of warranty for this 2017 model, but it was expensive so i’d Like to fix this.  I can use the machine just fine once I start it, but it takes several tries sometimes and seems it is happening more often.   It operates normally on successful boots but also blue screens sometimes when it comes out of hibernation.   I’ve tried a factory reset already and when the machine does start, it passes all diagnostic tests.  It seems several people have had this issue, but has anyone fixed it?

3 REPLIES 3
Provost Provost
Provost
44,986 40,662 4,399 11,427
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Does your notebook happen to have an Intel Optane SSD?

See the following HP document and follow all of the troubleshooting steps. Let us know how it goes.

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c01443463

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

Jc518 Top Student
Top Student
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I don’t think so, but I believe this issue is fixed.  I think this all started with I removed a Linux partition and grub.  It happened intermittently and was getting worse so I feared a mobo issue.  I formatted all of the partitions I didn’t recognize and reinstalled windows in the unallocated space and have not had a problem in the dozen or so reboots since.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Provost Provost
Provost
44,986 40,662 4,399 11,427
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Perhaps you should have led with that.

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation